Laser Marking, Laser Etching and Laser Engraving processes produce a permanent mark into the
surface of a part. Mystic utilizes several types of laser technologies geared to your specific needs including Fiber Lasers giving you
unsurpassed beam quality and the highest detail image quality. Laser marking gives you a unique look and to your part. Laser marking is
permanent the decoration will last. There are endless options when decorating many parts and materials we are making the effort to utilize all
the decorating capabilities giving our customers options.
What is Laser Marking?
Laser marking is a dry process. Laser produces a high intensity light beam focused though a lens directly to the part. Laser power and intensity are controlled through a PC this intern will give you options set at different levels. This changes the color or depth to the mark on your part. Here are a few different way we use lasers.
- Laser Annealing = Producing a color or pigment change to the surface of the part without removing any material.
- Laser Engraving = Removing surface material producing a mark visible through light refraction and reflection.
- Laser Ablation = Vaporizing the surface material producing a mark visibility due to the high contrast of the surface and base material. This process is mostly used with Anodized Aluminum or back lit panels in cars.
- Chemical Reaction = When plastics are exposed to laser radiation there is a reaction that can result in a few different effects. Contrasting color change or bleaching the pigment of the plastic. Another effect is foaming giving the mark texture and depth.
What are the benefits of Laser Marking?
- Variable text: Laser marking is ideal for the input of variable text such as serialization.
- Permanency – The marking will last forever
- Free of Contamination – There are no additives, inks, or chemicals
- Non contact
- Hard to reach areas – The laser beam can mark very difficult areas in which wet ink processes cannot reach.
- Metals - Stainless steel, Steel, Aluminum, Brass, Silver, Bronze, Gold and more.
- Plastics - ABS, Mylar, Polycarbonate, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene, PVC and more.
- Labels & Tags
- Graphics and Photos
- Variable Text & Serialization
- Barcodes (Linear and Data Matrix)
- UID MIL-STD 130N
UID Labels & Tags
Mystic offers UID labels which are verified and ready for registration with the UID registry. The data matrix is graded under SAE AS9132 or ISO/IEC 15415 outlined in MIL STD130N.